In the "Practice Plan" screen, what is the "Last Week" button on the right hand side of each entry box?
MyMuCo Teacher App
What do I need to do to install and use the MyMuCo Teacher App?
To use the MyMuCo Teachers App, follow these two simple steps:
1. Register an account at https://www.mymuco.com/register/teacher . All that is required is a valid email address.
2. Next, download the MyMuCo Teacher App by navigating to www.MyMuCo.com using your iPad and tapping on the blue button "Download the Teacher App". When the download is complete, open the app and enter your email and password to get started.
What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
How much does MyMuCo Teacher cost?
To use MyMuCo Teacher requires a $29.99 US annual subscription to a MyMuCo account. Register an account at https://www.mymuco.com/register/teacher .
1. Check your “Junk” mail folder for the confirmation email, if it’s not there then try (2).
2. Add our email info@MyMuCo.com to your contact list, then go back to our registration page and resend the confirmation email. Still no luck, then try (3).
3. Are you using a webmail provider such as AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail? These providers deliver mail in small batches which can sometimes result in emails taking up to 24 hours to be delivered to the particular email account. Wait one day and check your email again (including your Junk mail folder). If you still don’t receive your confirmation email, try (5).
4. Contact your ISP provider and ask them to check your spam filter settings or configuration to be sure that MyMuCo isn't being blocked.
5. If all else fails, please email us directly at info@MyMuCo.com and explain your problem. We’ll work with you to get you started on MyMuCo!
How can I connect with the team at MyMuCo to provide feedback and ask questions?
Tap on the MyMuCo feedback button on the home screen. An email window will pop up. The email message is pre-populated with the contact email for the MyMuCo feedback team.Type in your message, then tap the send button at the top right hand corner of the screen.
How do I sign out of the MyMuCo App?
In the Home screen, tap the button labeled Sign Out . A pop up menu will appear asking for your permission to sign out of the MyMuCo Teacher App. To sign out, tap the highlighted button labeled Sign Out . If you DO NOT wish to sign out, tap the button labeled Cancel .
How do I access my student list?
While in the Home screen, tap on the button labeled Studio Admin. A screen will appear with two options, Student List or Song Library. Tap on the button labeled Student List. A screen will appear with the students that are currently active within your studio.
How do I create a new practice plan?
While in the Studio Admin Page, tap on the button labeled Student List . A screen will appear with the full list of active students in your studio. Tap on the button of the student that you would like to work with. A screen will pop up with a list of options including: Lessons, Most Recent Dashboard, Goals, Student Information. Tap on the Lessons button . A window will pop up with a list of previously entered lesson plans. On the top right hand corner of this window, there is an add icon (+) Tap on this button. A pop up window will appear. Choose the correct date for the lesson. (Today's date will automatically be highlighted). Tap the Add button in top right hand corner of the window . A new screen will appear with a blank lesson plan. Information that is automatically updated in this new lesson plan includes the student name and the date of the lesson.
What is the Dashboard button in the Lesson Plan screen?
This screen is a snapshot of the materials that your student has completed during the practicing they completed during the previous week. Information such as the number of practices completed, the average emotional rating (and average rating of how the student felt during their practicing) the dates of the practice complete and comments are included in this page. A practice rating on the bottom of the page allows the teacher to offer feedback by rating their opinion of how they thought the practicing progressed. Three buttons may be selected: Keep working, Good Job, or Well done! NOTE: To update the dashboard, you must be with the student and sync your iPad with theirs. See below.
In the "Dashboard Screen", what does the "Sync" button do?
The Sync button allows all of the information collected from the MyMuCo Kids App during the week to be transferred to the MyMuCo Teacher App. By clicking on the "Sync" button, the Bluetooth connection will search for any students that are in the local area of your iPad . Tap on the name of the student that the Bluetooth connection has found. Within a few seconds of a successful connection, all of the information from the MyMuCo Kids App will be transferred and saved to the MyMuCo Teacher App. After the transfer of information has been complete, tap the "Done" button. This will take the teacher back to the Practice Plan screen.
What is the "Last Week" button at the top of the "Practice Plan" screen?
Tap this button to view a pop up window containing a snapshot of the all of the information and topics covered in the lesson from the previous week. To exit this window, tap the button labeled "Done".
In the "Practice Plan" screen, what are "Required Practices"?
"Required Practices" are the days of the week that the student and teacher agree will be the best days that the student will be able to practice in the upcoming week. By tapping on a specific date, the box will become highlighted. All highlighted boxes will be added to the weekly practice schedule and transferred to the MyMuCo Kids App at the end of the lesson during the syncing process. Clicking on a box again deselects the date and the box returns to the original state of a red box with white letters. Teacher Trick: All of the highlighted boxes that you agree on with your student should be WHITE WITH RED LETTERS.
In the "Practice Plan" screen, what is the "Last Week" button on the right hand side of each entry box?
The button labeled "Last Week" is a function that is designed to help save time. By tapping on this button, any information that was inputted by the teacher in the practice plan from the previous week will be carried over to the new plan. All information, including notes for the student will be updated.
In the "Practice Plan" screen, how do I edit information in the entry form boxes?
Tap on the entry form box that you would like to work with. A keyboard will pop up. Type in the information that you wish to enter/edit into the information box; when complete, tap the keyboard button on the BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER of the keyboard pop up window. This will minimize the keyboard.
In the "Practice Plan" screen, what is the "Teacher's Private Notes (Not Sent to Students)" box?
This box is intended for the use of the teacher. Any important notes and information that the teacher would like to save for their own records can be entered into this box. This information is for teacher use only, the information is not sent to the student. The process to enter/edit data is the same as all other information boxes in the Practice Plan screen.
In the "Practice Plan" screen, how do I add a new song to the "Practice Plan"?
Tap on the "Songs" box. A pop-up window will appear labeled "Song Selector". The "Song Selector" is an alphabetical list of all of the songs that the teacher has entered into their teaching song library. Scroll to the song you would like to add and tap on it. A "Practice Note" window will pop up; this will allow the teacher to input practice notes for the student to use as reference during the daily practice routine. To enter any practice notes, tap on the information box and a keyboard will appear. When complete, tap the keyboard icon on the bottom right hand corner to return to the "Practice Note" box; tap the "Save" button on the top right hand corner of the "Practice Note" window. The user will return to the Song Selector window. When all information has been inputted, tap the "Done" button on the top right hand corner of the "Song Selector" window.
TRICK for advanced users: You can add new songs to your Song Selector Library while preparing practice plans for your students. When in the Song Selector window, tap on the "+" button in the upper left hand corner of the window and enter the new song information.
I'm done entering a practice plan: how do I send the information to the student?
When the information entered is complete, the teachers can send the information to the student in two different ways. There is a blue highlighted button named "Done" at the TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER of the Practice Plan Screen. There is also a button labeled "Done" at the BOTTOM of the "Practice Plan" screen (when scrolled down to the bottom)
Tap on either button labeled 'Done". A pop-up window will appear with three options: "Send to Student's Device", "Email Lesson", "Save and Exit".
1. "Sent to Student's Device" communicates via Bluetooth with students in the room with you – tap this option and your iPad will search for nearby student iPads . When a connection has been successfully made, tap on the name of the student that you wish to send the lesson plan. A pop-up window will appear on the iPad of your student asking if they wish to accept the new lesson – ask them tap "Accept". Within a few seconds, the information will be sent to the student. When the above actions have been completed, you will be taken back to the list of lessons that have been taught.
2. "Email Lesson" - If the student does not own the MyMuCo Kids app, the teacher can send practice plans to the student via email. Tap on the option labeled "Email Lesson". A window will pop up that will be pre-populated with the lesson plan in an email format. Enter the email address of the student that you would like to send the lesson plan. To finish, tap the "Send" button on the top right hand corner of the window.
3. "Save and Exit" – Select this option if you are not yet ready to sent the practice plan to your student. For instance, if you would like to add more information later, or if you need to wait for your student to arrive with their iPad .
When the above actions have been completed, you will be taken back to the list of lessons that have been taught.
What if my student does not have an iPad or is not using MyMuCo Kids?
If a student does not own the MyMuCo Kids app, the teacher can still create practice plans and send them to the student via email. The Dashboard, Automatic Student Registration and Bluetooth Practice Plan Transfer functions of MyMuCo Teacher will not work for students who are not using MyMuCo Kids.
How do I return to the "Home" screen?
From within any screen of the app, tap on the left hand corner of any screen that shows a < arrow. This will take the user back one screen toward the home screen. For example, while in the Lesson screen, tap on the button in the left hand corner labeled <Student Name. This will take the user to the menu for the student. Tap on the button in the left hand corner labeled <Student List. This will take the user to the full Student List of the music studio. Tap on the button in the left hand corner labeled <Studio Admin. This will take the user to the Studio Admin page. Tap on the button in the left hand corner labeled <Home. This will take the user to the Home Screen.
How do I add a student into my studio?
There are two options for adding a new student to your studio.
1. Automatic Student Registration - if your student is using the MyMuCo Kids App, wait for your first meeting with them. Once you are together, have your student open theirMyMuCo Kids App. Go into the Student List screen on your iPad and tap on the "+" button at the top right hand corner of the screen. Select "Sync With Student App". Your student will receive a request to connect. Ask them to accept. Automatically your student will be added to your studio and their profile information will be transferred to you.
2. To add a student manually - Go into the Student List screen on your iPad and tap the "Add Local Student" button. A screen will appear labeled "Add New Student". Enter the following information: First Name, Last Name, Parent Name. To enter information, tap on the white information box. A keyboard will appear. When you have completed entering the information, tap the keyboard icon on the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard. This will bring the user back to the Add New Student screen. When all information has been added, tap the blue button in the top right hand corner of the screen labeled "Add".
How do I add a new song to the "Song Library"?
When in the "Studio Admin Screen", tap the button labeled "Song Library". The user will be taken to a page labeled "Song Library". To add a new song, tap the "+" button on the top right hand corner of the Song Library screen. A pop-up window will appear labeled "Add a New Song". Information to be added includes: Title, Artist, Description . To enter data, tap on the information box. A keyboard will appear. Type the information into the box. When finished, tap the keyboard icon at the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard. The user will return to the "Add a New Song" pop-up window. When all information has been added, tap the blue "Save" button at the top right hand corner of the screen. The new song will be updated and saved alphabetically into the Song Library. To exit this screen, tap the <Studio Admin button on the top left hand corner of the Song Library screen.
How do I edit the general information to a song in the "Song Library"?
When in the "Studio Admin Screen", tap the button labeled "Song Library". The user will be taken to a page labeled "Song Library". To edit information to an existing song in the "Song Library" list, tap on the song that you wish to edit. A pop-up window will appear with the information currently saved in the MyMuCo Teacher app. To edit information, tap on the "Edit" button on the top left hand corner of the window. A new window will appear with the current information saved. To edit any information, tap on the box; a keyboard will appear. Type in the information to be edited. When complete, tap the keyboard button on the bottom right hand corner, this will take you back to the "Edit a Song" window. When all edits have been completed, tap the "Save" button on the top right hand corner of the "Edit a Song" window. When all is complete, tap the "Done" button to return to the Song Library.
In the "Student Profile" page, what are "Goals"?
Within the screen for each student in your studio you will find a "Goals" menu option. These are the goals you would like to establish for your student for the school year. "Teacher Derived" goals can be added by tapping on the "Edit" button on the upper left corner of the Goals screen. "Student Personal" goals generated by the student. They are transferred from those students using MyMuCo Kids each time your iPads connect. The Student Personal goals remain unpopulated for students not using MyMuCo Kids.
How do I delete a student?
At this time, there are no settings to delete a student from your studio. This option will be coming soon.
My iPad does not recognize or list my student's iPad when it is searching for nearby iPads.
Try each of the following:
1. Ensure that you have enable Bluetooth and wifi communication within the 'Settings" app on your iPad .
2. Ensure your student has enabled Bluetooth communication on their iPad (within the 'Settings" app on the student iPad ).
I am trying to sync with my student but the lesson plan is not transferring.
Disable any other Bluetooth accessories connected to your iPad and try transferring the lesson plan again. Also, check to ensure that your Operating Software and your MyMuCo app are up to date (install all available updates).